Onze manier van lesgeven is flexibel. Zo kun je o.a. zowel wekelijks als sporadisch lessen inplannen met jouw docent.
Over Mandy C.
Do you want to improve your vocal techniques and learn how to sing better?
Or do you want to know more about music and learn how to create music and collaborate with others?
My name is Mandy and I’m a vocalist, composer, arranger and bandleader born in Guangdong, China.
I teach vocal technique, vocal improvisation, Pop and jazz singing, music theory and composition lessons.
I am based just out of Rotterdam (Schiedam) and am willing to teach at students homes in the area of
Delft, Rotterdam, and Den Haag.
Besides being patient, passionate and inspiring in teaching music, I’m also focussing on creating crossover music between the East and the West.
Pop/jazz/folk singing, Vocal techniques and vocal improvisation.
In my class/lessons, we will work together on vocal techniques/mechanics that includes:
* Proper posture of the body and improving your breathing and developing the resonance of your voice to create a better timber, while at the same time pay attention to intonation and articulation.
* One of the main focus of the lessons is to expand the musicality, knowledge about different genres (jazz/pop/folk), rhythms, improvisation and jazz scatting.
* Through the guidance for proper expression of the lyrics, we will reveal and work together on different aspects of your theatrical character.
* We will work on preparing for a show/audition, proper use of a microphone and several vocal recording techniques including home studio recordings.
* For your motivation and development, we will use feedback from other musicians/peers/artists.
COMPOSING AND ARRANGING LESSONS FOR BEGINNERS:
I also offer lessons about music theory, composing and arranging, which will include basic / jazz theory and harmony, transcription, making annotated scores and demos etc.
In our lessons, I would like to unlock your potential and explore more of your possibilities and creativities in music.
Apart from our lesson time I encourage you to connect and ask artists and fellow musicians to collaborate while also play your songs/pieces. If you are interested in singing and creating music, come and meet me sometime in my studio or online for your first lesson!
In 2011, I obtained my bachelor's degree from Xinghai Conservatory of Music with Excellent Graduates Award in Vocal performance of Pop music.
In 2020, I successfully obtained my Master of Music degree in Jazz Voice from Codarts Conservatory in Rotterdam.
I performed throughout China and worked with a diverse range of artists in jazz, pop, Latin and world music from across the globe.
I performed in Guangdong Spring Festival Evening Show, Xinghai Concert Hall International Jazz Music Festival, Beishan Jazz Festival, and North Sea Round Town, etc.
I’ve been on a constant pursuit of improvement and perfection, and have participated in masterclasses and workshops with many notable musicians.
My love of traditional Chinese music and poetry, influences of western jazz, Latin and pop music would be heard in my transnational, trans-cultural music project.
Looking forward to meeting you for your first lesson!